Assumption of Risk, Release of Liability, Indemnity, and Hold Harmless Agreement
By purchasing these Products, I understand and agree to the following:
- Bicycling and related activities are hazardous and injuries are common and ordinary occurrences during these activities. Motorized bicycles (both gas-powered and electric) regularly achieve even higher speeds and therefore carry even higher risks. I agree to assume all risks of death or injury to any part of the user’s body while using the Products.
- If applicable, Lawson Cycles Ltd. is not responsible for modifications made to my bicycle in the process of converting it to a motorized bicycle.
- Non-steel and/or non-rigid bicycle components (aluminum, suspension, etc) are weaker than rigid steel components. Lawson Cycles recommends installation of the Products in conjunction with rigid steel components, although non-steel and/or non-rigid components may be acceptable for use. I agree to assume all risks if I choose installation on non-steel and/or non-rigid components despite Lawson Cycles’ recommendation.
- Motorizing a bicycle adds additional forces to the bicycle frame and may change handling characteristics. Well-adjusted, well-functioning brakes are key to safely using the Products and operating any bicycle. I understand and agree that I will ensure the proper function of my bicycle’s brake system or have them maintained by a professional bicycle repair shop.
- To the fullest extent of the law, I agree to forever release and hold harmless Lawson Cycles and its owners, agents, employees, and affiliates from any and all responsibility or legal liability for any injuries, damages or death to any user of any equipment and the Products listed in this form, whether resulting from negligence or any other cause. I further agree that I will defend and indemnify them if any claim or action is pursued for any injuries, damages or death relating to bicycling or any related activities involving the use of this equipment and the Products.
- I accept the Products herein “as is” and with no warranties, express or implied, beyond those stated in this agreement and in the manufacturer’s written limited warranty, if any.
- I understand how the Products work and have received instruction and satisfactory answers to any questions regarding the use and function of the Products. If at any time the Products do not seem to be working properly, I will stop using it immediately and return it for inspection and possible repair or adjustment.
- If the Products are to be used by someone other than me, I certify that I am acting as agent of the user and that I will provide this form and all pertinent warnings and information to the user.
- This document is a legally binding contract which supersedes any other agreements by and between the parties, and which constitutes the final and entire agreement regarding the services and the Products. This agreement is intended to provide a comprehensive releases of all legal liability which is binding upon and for the benefit of all parties, their heirs, agents, and assigns, but is not intended to assert any claims or defenses that are prohibited by law. If any part of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder will be given full force and effect. This agreement will be interpreted, construed, and governed by and under Colorado State law. Exclusive venue and jurisdiction over the parties and the subject matter to this agreement will be in the 8th Judicial District Court of Larimer County.